Twopresent’s charity partner, The Nepal Youth Foundation offers hope and opportunity to Nepal’s most impoverished children by providing them what is every child’s birth right: vital healthcare, education and a safe environment. We spoke to them to discover more about how they are making an impact.
Can you tell us about The Nepal Youth Foundation?
Our goals are to:
- Increase access to education for children in Nepal
- Improve the quality of education available in the country
- Improve the health of children throughout Nepal
- Empower Nepali youth to achieve their potential
- Enable girls in Nepal to receive equal treatment and education
Could you give updated details on how you spend the donations?
|HK$500||Buys school uniforms for three girls for one year|
|HK$800||Pays the annual school expenses of a child living in a village|
|HK$1,000||Prepares freed Kamlari girl for her final school exam|
|HK$2,000||Saves a child dying of malnutrition and teaches a mother about nutrition|
|HK$5,000||Rescues and helps to rehabilitate four young Kamlari girls working in slavery|
|HK$8,000||Provides life-saving treatment and care for HIV-positive child|
|HK$25,000||Sponsor a child for one year|
How can Hong Kong families get involved with NYF?
Families can visit our office and find out more about our work or they can help us to spread the word and raise funds:
- Subscribe to our database and spread the word to families, friends, teachers, classmates and schools
- Volunteer for a fundraiser
- Attend our events
- Hold a charity event
- Get sponsored for an event in support of NYF
- Ask for donation for a birthday, anniversary or special event made in your name to NYF, or honour someone and make a donation in their name
- Sponsor a child yourself, as a group of friends, as a club or as a class
A book, ‘Olga’s Promise: One Woman’s Commitment to the Children of Nepal’, co-written by Olga Murray, Founder of Nepal Youth Foundation, is available for purchase in Hong Kong via the Nepal Youth Foundation Hong Kong office. It tells the story of how Olga Murray, a 60 year old attorney with the California Supreme Court, made a promise to improve the lives of Nepali children.
Over the past 30 years more than 45,000 children have benefited from her work. ‘Olga’s Promise’ is the story of how she fulfilled and even surpassed her dream. Olga is living proof that it is never too late to make a difference in the world.
Please contact for further details: email@example.com